From: 'Selma Carvalho' via The Goa Book Club <goa-book-club@googlegroups.com>
Sent: October 16, 2022 6:49 AM
To: goa-book-club@googlegroups.com <goa-book-club@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [GOABOOKCLUB] Re: The first Goan in the mainly white Loreto
Convent Valley Road

I don't want to get involved in these debates but I do want to say, I've known
Mervyn for 14 years, almost as long as I have been researching the Goan
presence in East Africa. I know the structures that existed there, I know these
lives intimately. When we are living a life, we are not thinking of
contextualising it, we are only living as best we can in order to survive. And
when everyday minutiae is unfolding it is varied and nuanced and complex. By
all accounts, Mervyn has led an honourable life and that's all I need to know.

All best,
Selma

On Saturday, 15 October 2022 at 22:12:59 BST, Jeanne Hromnik