It is a very deep pleasure for me to be introduced to this forum. My love of
the churches and the culture of Goa began in 1979, when I saw the beautiful
churches of Old Goa and spent many happy moments in the peaceful atmosphere
of that once-great city.
Since then, there began a labor of love of discovering and photographing the
beautiful art and culture of Goa. Over the years, it has also been my
pleasure to show pictures of these lovely churches and to give a few
illustrated talks on the subject at places such as The British Museum,
London and the Polytechnic Institute of Macau.
In my capacity as a film-maker, I also made a few films for Doordarshan and
for the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India on subjects of Goa, including
one on the last Exposition in 1994. In 2001/02, I also made an art
historical film on the paintings of the churches of Old Goa, as a part of a
series of 26 documentaries on 'The Paintings of India', which were telecast
on Prime Time of Doordarshan National Channel in 2003.
In 2002, I finally put together an exhibition of some of my photographs of
Goa (the collection is a large one running into many hundreds of pictures),
which was put up very kindly by the Archaeological Survey of India at the
grand Taj Mahal in Agra. Since then, the exhibition has been held in Delhi,
Kolkatta, Panaji and Rome.  The Govt. of India are also very kindly sending
this exhibition to various other countries.
It is an honour for me that my love of the culture of Goa and my efforts in
documenting and researching its art are being recognised in the kind offer
of this membership to Goa Research Net.
I may briefly mention that I am an Art-Historian, Photographer and
Film-maker and am invited to present my work and lecture at museums and
universities around the world. My book on 'The Ajanta Caves' is published by
Thames& Hudson, London and Harry N. Abrams, New York. I am known for my
research and documentation of many aspects of Indian art, including that of
remote monasteries in the trans-Himalayan regions of Ladakh, Kinnaur and
Lahaul-Spiti. My recent series of 26 films on 'The Paintings of India' is
being screened at various colleges and art institutions in India and in
other countries.
With warmest wishes,
Benoy.
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

* Send us a brief self-intro to justify your interest in this
"specialized" forum. This should be     sent to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  or to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* Send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (NOT [EMAIL PROTECTED])
* Leave SUBJECT blank
* On first line of the BODY of your message, type:
subscribe goa-research-net [EMAIL PROTECTED]
or
unsubscribe goa-research-net [EMAIL PROTECTED]