Greetings. I have updated my blog <http://oaopenaccess.wordpress.com> for your
interest.

>From my old school files, Part 2: Excerpts from that research paper on the
>development of the scholarly journal
<http://oaopenaccess.wordpress.com/2012/06/14/from-my-old-school-files-part-2-excerpts-from-that-research-paper-on-the-development-of-the-scholarly-journal/>

I have a few very interesting stories brewing regarding a couple of theological
journals that have converted from subscription-based to open access (the
library will become the publisher for one, and the other is based at an
institution that, along with its library, strongly supports and promotes open
access), and a society journal which is not open access per se (although they
provide a web archive of freely available back issues) but recently reversed a
decision to go with a commercial publisher.

I hope to have my research for these stories completed before too long. I have
to confess, however, that since the end of the school year (despite the fact
that I work throughout the summer) I’ve been feeling pretty lazy about writing.
I know. That’s not good. Bloggers need to keep a forward momentum going so
their readers will stay engaged.

So, if only to let you know that I’m still alive, I’m following-up with the
plan I suggested in a recent post to excerpt relevant bits from the semester
paper I wrote for my Foundations of Library and Information Science course back
in May 2004. The paper is entitled The Scholarly Journal: Long Tradition Behind
the Coming Change. …

Thanks for your comments!

Gary F. Daught
Omega Alpha | Open Access