Eric F. Van de Velde writes

> Remember, I am an OA supporter, though I am getting discouraged about the
> slow progress.

  Blame your colleagues in the library community. If they would stop
  subscribing to toll-gated journals, the toll-gated journals can't
  survive.

> You say that journal prices do not matter with Green OA in place. I say they
> do, because universities end up underwriting two overlapping systems: one to
> maintain the scholarly record and editorial boards and the other to provide
> immediate access. Admittedly, Green OA is the better bargain. But if Green
> OA is not reducing the cost of the other, it just adds to the total cost.

  It is time to reduce expenditure on the former to build the latter.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                      http://authorprofile.org/pkr1
                                               skype: thomaskrichel