Hat Tip: "The Future of Publishing" (But I viewed it from the perspective of open access)
http://oaopenaccess.wordpress.com/2012/12/05/hat-tip-the-future-of-publishing-but-i-viewed-it-from-the-perspective-of-open-access/

I'm surprised I hadn't seen this earlier. I want to thank a librarian colleague for the link, who posted it this afternoon to a listerv we both frequent. This wonderfully clever video was uploaded to YouTube back in March 2010. According to the description, "This video was prepared by the UK branch of Dorling Kindersley Books and produced by Khaki Films."

The video was produced for a commercial publisher's sales conference. Ironically, I viewed it from the perspective of open access and found its message compelling and powerful.

I encourage you to view the 2:30 video in its entirety. I won't spoil the experience. But I’ll give you a hint. Notice how the message (in this excerpt) completely changes when it’s rewound. ...

Gary F. Daught
Omega Alpha | Open Access
Advocate for open access academic publishing in religion and theology
http://oaopenaccess.wordpress.com
oa.openaccess at gmail.com | @OAopenaccess