Conversation with two religious studies scholars on committee at Open Library
of Humanities
<http://wp.me/p20y83-GM>

The other day I checked-in on developments over at Open Library of
Humanities<https://www.openlibhums.org/>. As I reported earlier here and here,
the idea for this very interesting project sprang from a number of often asked
questions: Why hasn't anyone created an analog to the Public Library of Science
(PLOS)<http://www.plos.org/>--meaning, a broad-based, not-for-profit
organization dedicated to publishing open access research--for the Humanities?
What would it take--meaning, at least, editorial and technical infrastructure,
sustainable funding, and broad-based scholarly support--to create such a PLOS
analog for the Humanities? Given our deep and long-standing scholarly
communication traditions, would such an approach--meaning, in particular,
developing a multi-disciplinary "mega-journal" like PLOS
ONE<http://www.plosone.org/>--even work in the Humanities?

Gary F. Daught
Omega Alpha | Open Access
http://oaopenaccess.wordpress.com
Advocate for open access academic publishing in religion and theology
oa.openaccess @ gmail . com | @OAopenaccess