** With apologies for cross-posting **

The changes to the SHERPA/RoMEO Application Programmers' Interface (API)
announced on the 4th September 2013 have now been completed, and the legacy
version 2.4 of the API has been closed down.

There is now only one version of the API (V.2.9) whose key features are:

- Base URL: http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/api29.php
- Query options for ISSN, Journal title, Publisher's name, Update date, etc.
- Output schema providing permission data on all article versions
(pre-print/submitted version, post-print/accepted version, and publisher's
version/PDF)
- REST URLs for Journal ISSNs and RoMEO Publishers' IDs
- A limit of 500 requests per day for unregistered applications
- Unlimited access for registered applications. Access keys may be obtained
gratis from: http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/apiregistry

The need to support the legacy data model of API V.2.4 meant that RoMEO's data
could not be structured as efficiently as we would have wished, resulting in
some duplication of information and other minor oddities. We are now able to
upgrade the database to address these issues and improve the quality of the
data that RoMEO provides.

We are continuing to work with heavy users of the API - notably CRIS software
providers - to encourage them to use it as efficiently as possible and
therefore keeping the load on our servers to a reasonable level.

Updated Technical Manual -
http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/SHERPA%20RoMEO%20API%20V-2-9%202013-11-25.pdf

API Efficiency Tips -
http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/documents/Millington-OAI7-poster.pdf

Regards

Peter Millington

SHERPA Technical Development Officer
Centre for Research Communications
University of Nottingham, UK

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may
contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error,
please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy
or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.
Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily
reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you
are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the