As a librarian knowing OA far far worse than you do I completely agree that we
can speed up the process. To me publishing is pushing a button as soon as
you're ready. All else comes afterwards. Ideally that includes peer review by
the way (the ArXiv/preprint model), but that's not the point here.
I would advise against making the FT-request-button default. Instead make
immediate FT OA default and the button an option for researchers having serious
concerns about possible copyright infringement. When new deposits have the
button activated that could function as a flag for librarians to give those
deposits priority treatment.

Best,
Jeroen Bosman

Op 23 sep. 2014 om 17:09 heeft "Stevan Harnad"
<amscifo...@gmail.com<mailto:amscifo...@gmail.com>> het volgende geschreven:

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Richard Poynder