Heather,

The share of OA papers is probably way lower, because those 14% OA journals
have on average much less volumes indexed in Scopus than the paywall journals.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was below 5%.

But was is more important, no one buys Scopus for the (abstract) content.
Libraries license Scopus for its search functionality, citation links, author
disambiguation, indexing terms, advanced search capabilities, affiliation
histories, book chapter indexing etc etc.

Access to the abstracts is in most cases free at the publisher platforms, no
matter whether it concerns OA journals or paywalled journals.

So I think it would not be fair to say Scopus is making big money out of Open
Access content the way you do.

Best,
Jeroen

Op 13 okt. 2014 om 17:11 heeft "Heather Morrison" <heather.morri...@uottawa.ca>