Dear Yves and others,

Of course journals evolve, almost everything does: companies, political parties
etc. But no one would suggest not to set up a new company or poliitcal party
but rather wait for the existing ones to adopt what you think is necessary.
Just like it is normal for journals to evolve, it is normal for new jourals to
arrive on the scene and also for some journals to disappear. We could indeed go
through the list of 23,000 jornals in Scopus, and that's probably just half of
scholarly journals out there, and we will find that most have not adopted the
bulk of the characteristics I mentioned. Especially journals that are OA with
low or medium APC and options for open and/or post-pub peer review are rare.

Best,
Jeroen

Op 6 apr. 2015 om 08:30 heeft "Gingras, Yves"
<gingras.y...@uqam.ca<mailto:gingras.y...@uqam.ca>> het volgende geschreven:

Helllo

Journals do evolve: they already did by going on-line and -- for many --
paperless. Many are continuous already trough "online first, etc. Most of the
elements on your list can be incorporated in the future without problems. I
will not go through it one by one  for it would be tedious, but becoming
"other" is what evolution do...

Yves Gingras
De : goal-boun...@eprints.org<mailto:goal-boun...@eprints.org>
[goal-boun...@eprints.org<mailto:goal-boun...@eprints.org>] de la part de