Although I often disagree with Beall and share the concerns of OA colleagues
about his list, two comments:

It is appropriate to ask about business interests. When Elsevier comments on
open access policy, it is important to know that their perspective is likely
influenced by financial motives. This principle applies just as much to
existing and emerging OA initiatives.

When citing an article one should first cite the first author. Beall was
correct to critique Eric for not mentioning the first author. The accusation of
racism was not helpful.

my two bits,

Heather Morrison

On Oct 3, 2015, at 5:56 AM, "Chris Zielinski"