We have gathered data on article processing charges or article page processing
charges for 2,389 fully open access journals so far in 2015. Our recent
analysis of 2015 DOAJ publisher size illustrates how much more work there is to
do - De Gruyter, for example, was not included in our preliminary sample as
they were not listed in DOAJ last year, but as of May this year they were the
third largest OA publisher by journal portfolio size with over 200 journals.
Due to ongoing growth and change in this area, we decided to release our full
dataset with all the data gathered to date in case this might be helpful to
other researchers. In future, we will be conducting data gathering on an
ongoing basis which will permit richer publisher studies rather than attempting
an annual brief census period.

Data and documentation can be downloaded from:
http://dataverse.scholarsportal.info/dvn/dv/oaapc

Informal peer review would be appreciated in the form on comments on the
Sustaining the Knowledge Commons blogpost:
http://sustainingknowledgecommons.org/2015/11/12/open-access-article-processing-charges-longitudinal-study-2015-preliminary-dataset/

Please read the detailed documentation as we have already noted a number of
limitations to this study there.

As we continue with data gathering and analysis we'll post what we find as we
go along.

best,

--
Dr. Heather Morrison