Dear Jean-Claude,

Thanks. We have Redalyc on our list

Best regards

Bo-Christer

On 3/11/16 4:57 PM, Jean-Claude Guédon wrote:
Do not forget Redalyc in Mexico.

Jean-Claude Guédon
Professeur titulaire
Littérature comparée
Université de Montréal

Le vendredi 11 mars 2016 à 12:04 +0200, Cenyu Shen a écrit :
Dear recipient,

We have started a study to look at a subset of Open Access scholarly
journal publishing, which we feel has been overlooked in much of the
published research, namely OA journals published in other languages
than English. We include both newly started electronic only OA
journals, as well as older print journals that have started to make
the e-version free. The vast majority of these probably don?t charge
authors. There are a number of reasons there have been few results
about the overall extent of such publishing etc. One is that many
leading researchers come from countries where English is the main
language, and many studies have from the start been restricted to such
only journals publishing in English, in order to facilitate the
gathering of data. Another is that non-English journals are likely to
be underrepresented in all the available indexes, including the DOAJ.

We have so far indentified two easy ways to find information about
such journals. The first is using DOAJ and its search facilities. The
second one is using the OA journal portals we are aware of, such as
Scielo, J-stage, doiSerbia etc. In addition to this there are many
countries, which don?t have such portals and we would like also to get
information from those. For this purpose we try to contact experts who
we believe have good knowledge of the situation in their countries and
could provide us links to list of all reputable scholarly journals in
their country, lists of OA journals etc.

Countries which interest us in particular are: Canada, Most European
countries (except the UK) and including Russia, Francophone countries
in Africa, Middle East and Asian Countries.

We will use three ways to contact volunteers who can help us:

Contact with the management of DOAJ and its voluntary editorial staff
An email to The Global Open Access List (GOAL)
Direct e-mail to people we know

If you feel you are in a position to provide us information, please
contact us by e-mail

Cenyu Shen, Ph.D. Student
Principal researcher
cenyu.s...@hanken.fi <mailto:cenyu.s...@hanken.fi>