Dear lists,

as a follow-up to Christian's posting I wrote a piece on "Open Access
Transformation in Switzerland & Germany: A synopsis of agreements with
Wiley, Springer Nature & Elsevier"

https://scidecode.com/2020/08/19/open-access-transformation-in-switzerland-germany/

Perhaps is it of interest to Open Access interested people outside the
two countries.

Thanks to Christian for discussing and sharing information with me!

best regards

Ulrich

Am 16.08.2020 um 22:22 schrieb Christian Gutknecht:
> Hi all
>
> Since the beginning of 2020, the Swiss universities have a Read &
> Publish agreement with Elsevier (4 years for 57 mio EUR):
>
> I have created a dashboard to continuously track all „Swiss"
> publications at Elsevier:
> https://oa-monitoring.ch/metabase/public/dashboard/a88453fb-aebc-4d90-b44f-ed37092f4dcf
>
> The data show that so far only 30% of all publications of the
> institutions participating in the agreement have become Open Access via
> the agreement. For reasons I cannot explain, many Swiss Corresponding
> Author Papers remain Closed Access, even though they are entitled to
> publication under the Open Access agreement. The agreed quota of APCs is
> unlikely to be exhausted. If it stays like this, the agreement threatens
> to become a major disaster.
> https://oa-monitoring.ch/post/the_swiss_57_mio_euro_deal_with_elsevier/
>
> Best regards
>
> Christian Gutknecht
> https://twitter.com/chgutknecht

Dr. Ulrich Herb
./scidecode science consulting & research
https://scidecode.com
+49-(0)157 30306851
twitter.com/scidecode

--
Dr. Ulrich Herb
./scidecode science consulting and research