*** with apologies for cross-posting ***

We have today published a new guest blog post by Jean-Claude
Guédon<https://oaspa.org/guest-post-by-jean-claude-guedon-scholarly-communication-and-scholarly-publishing/>
 on the OASPA blog.

In this thoughtful and insightful post, Guédon explores how scholarly
publishing should relate to scholarly communication. He posits that though
aligned, publishing and communication have diverged and argues that journals
and the concept of “version of record” are a legacy from print with some
processes getting in the way of optimal scholarly communication and says that
"now is the time to make some fundamental choices."

OASPA and Guédon welcome your comments on the blog and wide sharing of this
piece.

The OASPA blog is a space for community engagement on issues related to open
access and open research. We welcome thoughtful engagement and public debate in
order to foster a transparent exchange of views, experiences and ideas between
all those working in the open access ecosystem, with the overall aim of
contributing to the global advancement of open access in a way that supports
scholars and their institutions, and that gives voice to the whole spectrum of
models and approaches within our membership and ultimately furthers our mission
to advance open access and ensure a diverse, vibrant, and healthy open access
community.

Please get in touch if you are interested in publishing a guest post - please
note, authors of guest blog posts must be willing to allow moderated comments
on their post.

Best wishes,
Bernie

Bernie Folan
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.fo...@oaspa.org<mailto:bernie.fo...@oaspa.org>