OASPA is one of the founding members of C4DISC (The Coalition for Diversity and
Inclusion in Scholarly Communications.) We are excited to see the development
of this new Toolkit and encourage potential volunteers to sign up.

Please distribute the call widely.

Toolkit for Disability Equity

Lead(s): Katy Alexander, Digital Science; Simon Holt, Elsevier; Sylvia Izzo
Hunter, Inera; Erin Osborne Martin, Wiley

Closing Date: June 30, 2021

To volunteer, please complete the Working Group Application at C4DISC
(https://c4disc.org/working-group-application/) and indicate you are interested
in C4DISC Toolkit for Disability Equity in the “Working Group(s) Requested”
field. Applications are requested by June 30, 2021.

We are looking to create a resource centre to help people with disabilities
within scholarly communications thrive at work. This will help to harness the
talents of people with disabilities so they (we) can fulfil our potential at
work.

To do this, we need the help of the whole community – both those with a
disability and those without. The toolkit will aim to engage, enable and
empower both people with disabilities and allies to advocate for themselves and
each other at work, so that we can create more disability-confident working
environments throughout the scholarly communications industry.