Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

Let's cease lecturing  Timor Leste:  it's easy to criticize struggling
ministates but difficult to appreciate  their  difficulties.  When we are
tempted to look down on Timor, be must bear in mind her redeeming qualities:-

Ask the RSL:  Timor helped save scores of Austrialian Serviceman  who fought
the Japanese there during WWII  --  ask the RSL!

When Timor was invaded and occupied by Indonesia, most   of   the  the Big
Powers, with the exception of the USA,  turned a blind eye.  Australia was
in   fact the only country in the world to recognize  Indonesian sovereignty
over Timor.  She then  proceeded  to divide the oil and gas in the Sea of
Timor between herself and Indonesia which was guilty of genocide, torture and
other  war crimes  in the tiny nation.  (Even today Indonesia continues to
send in agents provocateurs who seek to  destabilize Timor Leste).

During the bloody War of Timorese Independence, Australia trained Indon's
Armed Forces occupying Timor.  This in spite of the fact that the War was a
case of Goliath versus David.

Now that the Timorese  have won their freedom, let's sympathize with them
acknowledging the following points:-

Because Timor is a tiny nation, it's open to ridicule and exploitation.
Mighty countries deny her a fair share of the revenue from the rich deposits
of oil and gas in the Sea of Timor.   This is especially unacceptable in view
of the  fact that she is the poorest nation in Asia.

It is highly commendable  that Timor  is the only Catholic nation (96% so) in
the world with  a duly elected Muslim PM.  PM Mari Atakiri*, like Xanana
Gusmao,  is a great patriot and leader of a small, though proud and noble,
nation (population: only 1m).

The strong and rich countries in our region must help  our weak and poor
neighbour.
Failure to do so will lead to further destabilization on the Asia-Pacific Rim.

VIVA TIMOR  --    LONG LIVE THE GLORIOUS TIMORESE PEOPLE!

Yours truly,

Martinho  de  Souza
14 Chuculba Crescent
Giralanmg  ACT 2617