Hi folk

We are researching the birth and growth of the Diocese of Mylapore which is
celebrating its 400th year this year.

Born out of the Goa diocese and later run under the padradao and then
becoming the Diocese of Madras-Mylapore, the diocese has had a colourful
history but little has been compiled on it.

Now, mere functions are lined up.

A bunch of us keen on history and heritage are working on this project.

We are looking for contacts with the Jesuits run Historical Research Centre
in Goa, Archiodiocese of Goa ( priests who have done church history
projects), any NGOs with support from Portugal who have done work in this
area, families whose men and women worked in this diocese here.

Frederick Noronha, my journalist friend, has bene of some help.

We welcome your leads - ph nos, email IDs, addresses etc

Cheers

Vincent D Souza
Madras (Chennai)

------
Vincent D'Souza's popular column - Jottings. Now on a blog.
http://vincentsjottings.blogspot.com

MYLAPORE TIMES - neighbourhood news weekly, every Saturday, 30,000 copies
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

KUTCHERIBUZZ - web site for classical music and dance.
http://www.kutcheribuzz.com
News - Features - Pictures - Quiz - Sale of albums.

77, C. P. Ramaswamy Road, Alwarpet, Chennai-600 018.
Ph: 91-44-24982244.   Fax: 91-44-24671122.

------