Lentern sacrifices
The dynamic Pope Francis has  made a revolutionary statement  about
sacrifices  He has  emphatically advised to eat meat etc But he has
requested the faithful to change their attitudes behaviour and actions.
Free ourselves from vices of hatred ,anger, jealousy , envy and be more
forgiving .less caustic .Faithful specially during lent abstain from
alcohol ,drugs  etc but once the season is over they make up for it.The
period of concern,sacrifices  of denials and charity should not be limited
to period of lent. The sacrifice of giving money is the easiest practice,
but to give time to prisoners,   sick  in hospitals  listen to someone  is
most challenging.The westerners are mostly  non veg and one day of
abstinence is good for health .The Protestants offspring of rich buying
bulls to enjoy non veg diet and poor praying and sacrificing on their
behalf  .Each one has eyes to see ,ears to hear, the needy around us and
can individually practice the virtues of Charity without special envelopes
and boxes as it  provides  the assurance of aid going to most deserving
rather than relying unknowingly on wisdom of other authority.Listening to
woes, helping in daily chores , avoiding defaming criticising ,not avenging
wrong to us and forgetting past bitterness,freeing our mind of lust , filth
can  be a better sacrifice..All the years of lent and charity has not made
dent in our life.Our vices are uncontrolled obsessions  as an alibi.The
object is to be a  better person ourselves a deviation of past obsessions
If the desire for a change is not aspired  it will mean status co  with all
the pious recollection, retreats and confessions, which assume the role of
rituals without  meaning
Nelson Lopes Chinchinim

Nelson Lopes
Chinchinim