>This ['Hindutva or Hindu nationalism'] political ideology, which was first
articulated in the early 20th century with direct inspiration
<https://caravanmagazine.in/history/rss-golwalkar-links-nazism> from
Nazism, Fascism and other ideologies of racial subjugation, now finds
itself in a deepening alliance
<https://novaramedia.com/2023/02/23/white-and-hindu-supremacists-are-a-match-made-in-heaven/>
with
various facets of the American far-right. Hindu supremacy poses a growing
threat to our core values of democracy, pluralism and justice, both in
India and here in the United States."

>"Hindu supremacist organizations may hide behind a facade of
multiculturalism and diversity, but in practice they have worked to break
bonds of solidarity between communities and legitimize far-right politics
within communities of color—including by attacking civil rights groups
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89MtAh-kqUo>; collaborating
<https://www.wnyc.org/story/117610-hindu-activists-broaden-fight-against-islamic-extremism/>
with
far-right demagogues; spreading anti-Muslim disinformation
<https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2023/10/india-hindu-extremist-disinformation-israel-hamas/675771/>
; opposing affirmative action
<https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2023/8/7/why-the-hindu-right-opposes-affirmative-action-in-the-us>
 and caste protections
<https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2023/08/sb-403-california-caste-discrimination-bill-cisco/>
for
marginalized communities; and working to curb free speech and academic
freedom
<https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/09/death-threats-sent-to-participants-of-us-conference-on-hindu-nationalism>
."

>"The deeply anti-Muslim project of Hindu supremacy began and continues to
function as a dominant caste project, and its history is littered with
examples of violence against Muslims
<https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/04/05/indias-hindu-festivals-bring-increasing-anti-muslim-violence>
and
other religious <https://time.com/6342873/india-sikhs-persecution/>
 minorities
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/01/31/india-chhattisgarh-christians-violence-attacks/>
, caste-oppressed groups
<https://thewire.in/caste/hathras-case-bjp-leader-rajveer-pahalwan-rally-support-accused-thakurs>
 and indigenous peoples
<https://scroll.in/article/1041348/in-bastar-an-rss-campaign-led-by-a-bjp-leader-stoked-violence-against-christian-adivasis>
. "

--------------------
Source:
https://m.thewire.in/article/world/100-rights-groups-alarmed-by-rising-hindu-supremacy-in-the-us/amp
thewire.in
<https://m.thewire.in/article/world/100-rights-groups-alarmed-by-rising-hindu-supremacy-in-the-us/amp>
100+ Rights Groups Alarmed by Rising Hindu Supremacy in the US
The Wire Staff
March 26, 2024

------------------------------

*New Delhi: *More than 100 civil society organisations have issued a
declaration standing expressing “acute concern about the alarming rise of
Hindu supremacy, also known as Hindutva or Hindu nationalism, in the United
States”. The Hindu Right, they say, “now finds itself in a deepening
alliance with various facets of the American far-right”.

Read the full declaration below.

Read the full declaration and list of signatories below.

We, the undersigned organizations and individuals, express our acute
concern about the alarming rise of Hindu supremacy, also known as Hindutva
or Hindu nationalism, in the United States. This political ideology, which
was first articulated in the early 20th century with direct inspiration
<https://caravanmagazine.in/history/rss-golwalkar-links-nazism> from
Nazism, Fascism and other ideologies of racial subjugation, now finds
itself in a deepening alliance
<https://novaramedia.com/2023/02/23/white-and-hindu-supremacists-are-a-match-made-in-heaven/>
with
various facets of the American far-right. Hindu supremacy poses a growing
threat to our core values of democracy, pluralism and justice, both in
India and here in the United States.

We stand steadfast in solidarity with Savera <https://www.wearesavera.org/>,
a new united front that represents the true Indian-American majority, and
that has brought together an interfaith, multiracial, anti-caste coalition
of organizations and activists to resist supremacist politics of all kinds.

.

The deeply anti-Muslim project of Hindu supremacy began and continues to
function as a dominant caste project, and its history is littered with
examples of violence against Muslims
<https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/04/05/indias-hindu-festivals-bring-increasing-anti-muslim-violence>
and
other religious <https://time.com/6342873/india-sikhs-persecution/>
 minorities
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/01/31/india-chhattisgarh-christians-violence-attacks/>
, caste-oppressed groups
<https://thewire.in/caste/hathras-case-bjp-leader-rajveer-pahalwan-rally-support-accused-thakurs>
 and indigenous peoples
<https://scroll.in/article/1041348/in-bastar-an-rss-campaign-led-by-a-bjp-leader-stoked-violence-against-christian-adivasis>.
The Hindu supremacist movement is not only harmful to Indian, South Asian
and Muslim Americans, but runs deeply counter to our values of collective
liberation. It is our shared responsibility to stand in solidarity with
those who are bravely opposing supremacist politics and fighting for a true
multiracial democracy. Hindu supremacy deeply concerns us all, and we are
committed to combating it.

Therefore, together, we pledge:

   - To reject all forms of hatred and supremacist politics, including
   Hindu supremacy; and to educate ourselves about the ideology and global
   presence of the Hindu supremacist movement, and its intersections with the
   broader far-right;
   - To stand in firm solidarity with the global struggle to dismantle
   Islamophobia and annihilate caste, and in particular to support movements
   to combat anti-Muslim hate and ban caste discrimination in the United
   States;
   - To support calls for the United States government to center human
   rights and democracy in its engagement with the Modi regime; and
   - To stand with activists and organizations working to articulate a
   diverse, inclusive, and liberatory vision of Indian American identity.

List of Signatories:

   1. 18 Million Rising
   2. AAPI Equity Alliance
   3. About Face: Veterans Against the War
   4. Action Center on Race & the Economy (ACRE)
   5. Adalah Justice Project
   6. Afghans for a Better Tomorrow
   7. Alliance for South Asian Progressives in Pittsburgh (ASAPP)
   8. Alternatives International
   9. Ambedkar International Center
   10. Ambedkar King Study Circle
   11. American Friends Service Committee
   12. American Muslim Empowerment Network (AMEN)
   13. American Muslim Institution, Washington, D.C.
   14. American Sikh Council
   15. Americans For Kashmir
   16. APEX Express
   17. Arab Resource and Organizing Center (AROC)
   18. ASATA – The Alliance of South Asians Taking Action
   19. Asian American Advocacy Fund
   20. Asian American Midwest Progressives
   21. Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Chicago
   22. Asian Children’s Educational Fellowship
   23. Asian Law Alliance
   24. Asian Prisoner Support Committee
   25. Asian Refugees United
   26. Association of Indian Muslims of America, Washington DC
   27. Aurora Commons LLC
   28. Bangladeshi Americans for Political Progress (BAPP)
   29. Bhim International Foundation USA
   30. Boston South Asian Coalition
   31. Boston Study Group
   32. CAAAV: Organizing Asian Communities
   33. Canadian Forum for Human Rights and Democracy in India (CFHRDI)
   34. Center for Pluralism
   35. CERAS (Centre sur l’asie du sud)
   36. Chicago Coalition for Human Rights in India
   37. Coalition of Seattle Indian Americans
   38. Code Pink: Women for Peace
   39. Dalit Solidarity Forum in the USA
   40. Daraja Press
   41. Design Action Collective
   42. Detention Watch Network
   43. Diaspora Alliance
   44. DRUM – Desis Rising Up & Moving
   45. Ensaaf
   46. Faith in Public Life
   47. Federation of Indian American Christians in North America (FIACONA)
   48. Federation of Tamil Sangams of North America
   49. Forces of Renewal Southeast Asia (FORSEA)
   50. Friends Committee on National Legislation
   51. Friends of India Texas
   52. GABRIELA Oakland
   53. Grassroots Asians Rising
   54. Grassroots Global Justice Alliance
   55. Great Truth
   56. GreenFaith
   57. Global Project Against Hate and Extremism (GPAHE)
   58. Highlander Research & Education Center
   59. Hindus for Human Rights
   60. Human Agenda
   61. The Humanism Project
   62. If NotNow
   63. India Civil Watch International
   64. India Coalition
   65. Indian American Muslim Council
   66. The Interfaith Center of New York
   67. International Commission for Dalit Rights
   68. International Society for Peace and Justice
   69. Jewish Voice for Peace
   70. Jews For Racial & Economic Justice (JFREJ)
   71. Justice for All
   72. Kairos Center for Religions, Rights and Social Justice
   73. Lavender Phoenix
   74. Lyallpur Forum
   75. Maynmai
   76. Movement for Black Lives (M4BL)
   77. Muslim Civic Coalition
   78. Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC)
   79. Muslims for Just Futures
   80. Muslims for Progressive Values
   81. Muslim Voices Coalition
   82. NAACP of San Jose and Silicon Valley
   83. National Lawyers’ Guild
   84. New York State Council of Churches
   85. NGO Federation of Nepal
   86. NoHindutvaMD
   87. North American Manipur Tribal Association
   88. The People’s Forum
   89. Poetic Justice Foundation
   90. Political Research Associates
   91. Progressive Technology Project
   92. Project ANAR
   93. Project South
   94. Race Forward
   95. Rangoli Pittsburgh
   96. Religions for Peace USA
   97. Right To The City Alliance
   98. SACRED (South Asian American Coalition to Renew Democracy)
   99. Sadhana: Coalition of Progressive Hindus
   100. Sakhi for South Asian Women
   101. San Jose Peace and Justice Center
   102. Showing up for Racial Justice (SURJ)
   103. Sikh Council for Interfaith Relations
   104. South Asian SOAR
   105. The Subcontinent Project, Northwestern University
   106. The United Methodist Church General Board of Church and Society
   107. Twin Cities South Asia Solidarity Collective
   108. World Without Genocide
   109. Xicanx Institute for Teaching and Organizing