Dear Joe,
Is it indeed dhobdobo, and upon seeing your correction -- changed my
note to you. It is one of the more common uses of Konkani onomatopoeia
(in animated language). However, nachot nachot cannot be an
onomatopoeic word, since its sound does not create meaning. Even
though it is repeated it does not suggest imitative harmony.

An interesting use of the word "dhobdhobo" is here: Her khell
survatechea dekhavean thaun aplea dhobajeacho dhobdhobo soddttat punn
"Suseg" khellant oxem disonam. Punn Bab Sylvester Vaz aplea nazuk
survatechea gitan ani favo titlea rosall gavpan hea proiogache
veovosthit dav nittaen manddtta.
http://www.goacom.com/goanow/2001/jan/urba.html

A bit on: Characteristics of Indian Languages:
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/SSML/papers/CHARACTERISTICS_OF_INDIAN_LANGUAGES.pdf

Thanks for posting the videos, particularly of the caves. I would like
to visit them on my trip later this year. But what was depressing was
seeing those bars imposing on the facade -- but that is something I
guess we will have to put up in India for sometime. With all the money
grubbing that goes on is this the best that we can do in terms of
presenting even a monastic experience. Please let me know whether you
have ever posted pictures of any forts.

venantius