------------------ Santosh Helekar wrote"

I submit that the only thing that prevents you from doing it is the instinctive
disgust you feel in your stomach.  (about cannibalism)

---------------- GL responds:

If cannibalism causes "the instinctive disgust you feel in your stomach", then
certainly all human cultures all over the world and all through history should
feel the same "INSTINCTIVE disgust you feel in your stomach" about cannibalism.
 And perhaps this innate "instinct" should be most apparent in isolated
societies not influenced / instructed by some 'outside thinking'.

Unless one is postulating that "human instincts" are different in different
parts of the world and during different time periods based on some genetic /
evolutionary characteristics.

In the debate, I agree that the topic kept changing between morality, religion
and Christianity.  The was specially visible in the speaker that was losing the
debating point, and elected to fudge and change the topic.
Kind Regards, GL