Dears,

Oops! the slip is showing!

While all other details in my earlier posting are correct as per the
Mandd Sobhann website http://www.kalaangann.com/   the existing record
is 36 Hours [one and half day] and the Mandd Sobhann is getting set to
break it with 40 hours of Konkani Nirantari. The unwitting carry
forward of a typing  error is regretted.

If you love to hear Konkani songs and see a non-stop performance, book
a ticket to Mangalore for 25 January, 2008 and book a hotel room for
that night right now. With 1,200 singers descending on the town of
Mangalore that night, it may be like the first Christmas ..."No room
at the inn" !

If you want to inscribe your name in stone at the venue, send crossed
DD or Cheque for Rs.25,000/- or more to MANDD SOBHANN [R] payable at
Mangalore. Contributions are exempt from Income Tax as per Section 80G
of IT Act.Further details on website or contact 0091-824-2230489 or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mog asundi.

Miguel

On Nov 10, 2007 12:56 AM, Miguel Braganza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dears,
>
> This story is enough to warm the cockles of one's heart on a cold winter's
> night. Starting at the crack of dawn on India's 58th Republic Day, 42 groups
> of Konknni singers [including Goa's famous Elvis Goes troupe] will attempt to
> break the world record in Non-stop singing [Nirontari gayan] billed as
> 'Konkani Nirantari' at Mangalore. Eric Ozario, who performed with his "Maand
> Sobann" group at the Silver Jubilee celebrations of TSKK at Porvorim on 29
> March, 2007, and at Kala Academy, Panaji, for the "Tiatr Day" [ Watch the
> JoeGoaUK video of "Rosalin Mhojea Mogachea" on YouTube] in April, will be
> leading the effort from the front.
>
> Comunidade Evangelica Luterana,of Sao Paulo, Brazil, currently holds the
> Guinness world record with 376 hours [15 days and 16 hours] of non-stop
> singing ..... and Maand Sobann is attempting to break that record!
>
> Those of us who are proud to belong to this wonderful Aparant of the Konkan
> Coast and doubly proud of our Mother Tongue, Konknni, will have reason to
> triple that joy with the new Guinness world record with 377 hours or more of
> Nirontori gayan. Elvis Goes is currently Goa's sole representative. Konknni
> is Goa's official language. .-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Miguel Braganza, S1 Gracinda Apts,
Rajvaddo, Mhapsa 403507 Goa
Ph 9822982676 [EMAIL PROTECTED]