To Goanet -

When I termed the loop of Batim and Talaulim as
"pristine" in my earlier posting concerning the chapel at
Gauxim, I spoke a day too soon.  I should have known
that the f*#$%g Dilliwallahs are EVERYWHERE in Goa.
I had noticed a house under construction during my
drives up the slope to the Gauxim chapel but had
been too occupied with photography.  Today morning
I went again, in part to take a shot of the nearby magnificent
St Anne's church at Talaulim from across the pond
in Batim.

This is the slope leading to the Gauxim chapel -

http://www.parrikar.org/images/samples/batim-1.jpg

On the right, in a clearing, in what is almost certainly not
a settlement zone, this sight -

http://www.parrikar.org/images/samples/batim-2.jpg

A closer look at the house -

http://www.parrikar.org/images/samples/batim-3.jpg

http://www.parrikar.org/images/samples/batim-4.jpg

Nearby are other signs that signal imminent construction
activity so I suspect this is just the beginning of the assault.

I asked the Batim villagers below and they said the house
is being constructed by someone from Delhi.  So I went to
the Batim sarpanch and asked him how & why permission
was granted.  He looked nervous and immediately agreed
to show me the files (if I came to the panchayat office on
Wednesday).  He also asked me if the construction was
illegal (as if he didn't know) and said all the approvals
were given by the earlier sarpanch.  Then he revealed that
this house is being built by one Kiran Dhingra.

My remarks:
Goa is being destroyed every single day.  The shameless (and
now illegtimate) government of Digambar Kamat has no
controls, no supervision, no enforcement, no monitoring,
nothing!  It is a free for all right now.

Just yesterday the Utt Goenkara folks interceded in the
illegal hill cutting going on in Curca by one Bhagatsingh
Sonaye attached to Goa Medical College (reported in today's
newspapers such as Tarun Bharat, Herald etc).  That violations
are happening all over is known to those in the highest
rungs of power yet they look askance, or even collude to
help the rich and the powerful.  I would like to know why,
given all this, the GBA Convener Dr Oscar Rebello has
issued a paean to Digambar Kamat.  The same Digambar
Kamat and his Congress party who are complicit in Goa's
ongoing destruction.

Now who is going to deal with this Batim case?

Regards,

Be a better friend, newshound, and

  • [G... Rajan P. Parrikar
    • ... Bosco D'Mello
    • ... Jim Fernandes
    • ... Rajan P. Parrikar
    • ... Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक नोरोंया