UAE:
ABU DHABI
10. Mr. Ramnath Arjuna Mavlingcar
President, Abu Dhabi Goan Association

DUBAI
11. Mr Rockson Rufus Rodrigues
Coordinator, The Marriage Encounter of UAE, Dubai
---

Wow... one gets award for fixing marriages. Aso for
Mavlingcar, it has come as a revealation to me that
there is an Goan organisation in Abu Dhabi.
As for the one in Dubai, it is practically dead.
However, one of the office-bearers had got an award
from a Delhi-based NRI association. When I saw the
award in his showcase at his house, which I visited to
buy Christmas sweets, I enquired.
I know the secretary-general of this NRI body in
Delhi. It is one of the bodies that are self-serving.
Me and the Goan had a brief talk on the Dubai
association and since we met for the first time he
enquired what I knew about the association.
I told him that whatever I know is not very pleasant.
I dropped off some names of the office-bearers with
who I had a meeting long time ago. Then he agreed that
things are not okay with the association.
I told him that I would like to meet with him and get
to know more about the association from him. However,
I could not arrange a meeting. A couple of months ago
I met him again at an Udipi restaurant. We
acknowledged each other. I felt no point in talking to
him as he is part of the group that has virtually
"killed" the association.
Can someone tell me if it was  Ramnath Arjuna
Mavlingcar who organized and hosted the Faleiro and
his group when they came to the UAE?
Eugene

Access, No Cost.