*THE RISE AND FALL OF GOA'S FIRST 24 HOUR NEWS CHANNEL -- OF BAD EGGS IN
NIRVANA'S NEST*

*When reports of a 24 hour news channel in Goa first started filtering in,
there were varied reactions. Some scoffed. Some said Goa wasn't big enough.
Some called it a fly-by-night operation. Some said oh... finally some relief
from these numerous one-hour-news-bulletin rackets. *

*Less than a year has lapsed. The 24 hour news channel we are talking about
**STV GOA NEWS **has already shut shop in a very very suspiscious manner.
For a few days before its closure, all that was bombarded on the channel
were ads for Nirvana's Nest, a residential complex which the promoters of **STV
GOA NEWS **had a stake in. *

*A few days ago we interviewed former input editor (designated) Ajay Thakur
over email about the functioning of this 24 hour media-mushroom, which
showed up and disappeared as quickly as that. Here's the first part of that
interview. The second part will be uploaded tomorrow. It has a very very
interesting disclosures about STV GOA NEWS' holy cows in its editorial
policy. Do watch out for it. *

*If you guys have any counter questions, mail them to us. We'll see if we
can get some response from Ajay on them *

*for more read http://penpricks.blogspot.com***