Goa State Chess Association hailed Mr. Srinivas Dempo for naming Double Under 8 Girls World Champion Ivana Furtado as Goodwill Ambassador. 'Ivana is a truly deserving candidate and she will make proper use of the faith reposed in her by the Dempo group' announced her coach Dronacharya awardee Raghunandan Gokhale. Ivana's next tournaments include the Asian Youth Chess Championships in Teheran and the World Schools Chess Championships in Singapore.

GSCA President Salgaocar hoped that 'more corporates will come forward to support upcoming Goan chess players'. In the recent past, besides Dempo group, Monginis and Borax Morarji have supported the efforts of the young developing stars. Hopefully, 'the trend will continue as our players will continue to make a mark on the national and international scene', he added. 'We have other youngsters like Asian Schools Under 11 Gold Medallist Cyrus Perreira and State Champion Anurag Mhammal who could also use some financial support,' Salgaocar mentioned.

(Source - Sameer A. Salgaocar, AICF Vice President)