Hi,

I've created a repository for ocaml-4.00, and updated the most needed packages so that they compile under 4.00:

 - ocaml
 - findlib
 - ocamlnet
 - omake

Many other packages don't work, though, and need some attention by the package maintainers.

How to build this: Just pick the latest rocketboost bootstrap from last year, and enter 4.00 as GODI section. You will have to say "yes" then once, because 4.00 is not known to the bootstrap, but it will nevertheless continue, and boot.

As said, support is currently minimal.

For package developers: There is now a release.4.00.map file, which is just a copy of the latest (or almost latest) 3.12 file. I've commented out everything pointing to trunk312, as this seems to be version-specific. Of course, some packages have already been copied to trunk400 (e.g. ocaml itself).

Gerd