Hi

Le 7 déc. 2012 03:00, "Gerd Stolpmann" <i...@gerd-stolpmann.de> a écrit :

> Hi list,
>
> the GODI project has now set up an experimental OASIS-DB import. This
means that packages submitted to OASIS-DB appear as normal GODI packages in
godi_console, and can be managed in the normal way.

This is a very good news. Let make it even better.

> We are now importing nightly into a separate repository that needs to be
activated. Find the instructions (and a number of FAQ) here:

> http://godi.camlcity.org/godi/oasis.html
>
> Remember that OASIS packages are not QA-checked, and as a result many
packages still fail to build. This often has trivial reasons (like that the
build is ok, but the documentation fails). I hope to hear your comments on
this.

> Also, any comment on user experience is very welcome.

Some answer:
- the OASIS package ignores the --destdir:

There is an open bug for that
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=718&group_id=54&atid=291

Please read and comment. I just decided to let ocamlfind decide the
destdir. You can use ocamlfind env var to override this. Although, since
the problem appears even with findlib guru, I am willing to fix the bug to
take into account DESTDIR everywhere.

- missing QA

That is a work in progress. I setup a jenkins instance in order to run QA
test (http://deci.ovh.le-gall.net:8080/). If you have some basic
configuration for that, feel free to contact me.

Although, here are my idea concerning the topic

- we should always run "oasis setup" before building. This will enforce
having the latest setup.ml generated and not some random old piece of code.
I made a lot of effort to be able to have backward compatibility on _oasis
(i.e supporting OASISFormat: 0.2 and 0.3), let take advantage of this

- where can I find the specific code to handle oasis + GODI. I would like
to have a closer look.

Regards

Sylvain Le Gall