You haven't only written the code but you've also setup a whole
infrastructure. Would you mind trying to pass it over or migrate it,
maybe not leaving completely but letting others do some of the annoying
admin-related tasks?

Both is possible - there are two VMs, one with the repository and the release infrastructure, one with the autobuilder, and it would be easy to migrate it somewhere else. It's also possible to leave it where it is if only someone else takes over the leadership of the project, and invests time to renew it. (My problem is only that I don't have the energy anymore to run it, but if I can help with computing resources it would be a pleasure.)

I also believe "pinning" is a bad idea in general: it picks bits and
pieces of software from different timeframes. It will work for
exceptional cases but otherwise you end up with an exponential explosion
of combinations of versions that haven't been tested together.

Well, there is in deed one good use: imagine you have a group of people needing to use exactly the same versions. So you basically freeze the versions at one point in time, knowing that they work well together. If you need newer versions, you move the "pin" together (or update the same set of local patches). Ideally, you can also create fresh installation with the pinned versions. GODI supports this for some time now (although by editing files only, but I guess this is ok for a group, say a team in a company).

There could be a git branch or a git repo for stable stuff along with
the development tree. Citrix already does that and others already do
that too. Which means that there are several parallel distributions and
that has its drawbacks too.

Yes, you can emulate this with git.

Gerd