--- Ton Hospel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>       Peter Makholm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > In a momentary[0] insanity I came up with the concept of anti-golf.

> Can't be done.

Yup.

> e.g. I can convert the program to a turing machine and run it on that.
> then i can run that turing machine on a universal turing machine.
> Repeat as often as you want.
>
> If you use timelimits or memory limits, i just use other underlying
> abstract machines that are faster/more compact
>
> And there are no general programs to analyze general programs, so
> whatever rules you specify, it will have cracks.

Except if you add an artificial upper bound. Say 10 of each letter/number,
and 20 of each punctuation character. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but
it might just work (at all, that is, not well).

Phil

=====
First rule of Factor Club - you do not talk about Factor Club.
Second rule of Factor Club - you DO NOT talk about Factor Club.
Third rule of Factor Club - when the cofactor is prime, or you've trial-
divided up to the square root of the number, the factoring is over.