On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Ton Hospel wrote:

> But, this model is I think unnecesary.
>
> Consider that the mingolfs have been running for months in an
> essentially referee-less mode without any real problems. I think a lot
> is to be learned from them, since they are basically an attempt to run
> golfs with minimum overhead.
>
> [explanation deleted]

Yes, I think this is the sort of thing that is needed. Probably two referees
would still be a good idea, in order to help each other compose the
challenge, to respond to mail more quickly, and to work on BoB together. But
neither of them need to be on duty for forty-two hours in the week, as we've
come to expect. I would be happy to play under such a system, and I might
even be able to referee occasionally.

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
 "Reserve your 2 hour delivery time, which means you'll see the same special