Hi Dan,

that's a good question. Hosted Libraries aims to host exactly the same
files as provided by upstream sources and it seems like this might not have
happened here.

My guess at what happened is this:
We take great care at Google to correctly document the license and
authorship of any third-party code. Sometimes this means that we have to add
a license header
<https://opensource.google/docs/thirdparty/retrieving/#exceptions> in case
the original files are missing one.
For Hosted Libraries we have an exception that we can serve unmodified
copies of the original files, but maybe in this case the reviewer wasn't
aware and a header was added by mistake.

I researched a bit about the extra license in that file. The Web Font
Loader was co-developed by Typekit and Google.
Historically, Typekit was run by Small Batch Inc. which was acquired by
Adobe in 2011 (https://blog.typekit.com/2011/10/03/adobe-acquires-typekit/),
so this is just the old name in the copyright and not some other, unrelated
company.
The license of Web Font Loader has been Apache 2.0 since the beginning (
https://github.com/typekit/webfontloader/commits/master/LICENSE), so the
extra header is just stating that fact again.

I hope this helps! Sorry for the confusion.

Kind regards,
Philipp