Hi,

I know some cases where serialization is required, one is MemCache. Let, I
cache some object in Memcache and later do some changes in class, the cached
object will fail to typecast to its (updated) class type. Now suppose I have
set serialVersionUID in my serialized class, will it still fail to typcast?
what if I add or remove some fields to/from my class?

I am planning to put revision history (like google docs revision history)
feature in my app. I want to keep the latest vision as an Entity and putting
older visions in a different table as blob. I have some doubts similar to
above one. Assuming serialVersionUID is set and object won't throw cast
error if serialVersionUID is set, if my assumption is correct then what will
happen if later add/update some fields to my class? will it cast
successfully and load value for matching fields?

Thanks.