Just in cast I want to make use of some existing Java APIs for messing
with DataStore, which may be the low-level API would work the best.

I just wonder, as I am still a college student, one of my lecturer
told me that "we should use JPA (2.0) now as JDO is not the preferred
way for persisting data in JavaEE anymore."

I just wonder, however, for the case with App Engine (which now most
of my assignments are implemented using JPA 2.0 with EclipseLink,
however,) is it best to use JPA or should I follow most tutorials and
use JDO instead?

In view of the implementation of both APIs in App Engine, which one is
more robust, or which would is better in terms of performance?

Hope to see Google staff to answer this newbie question.

Thanks.

Alan(@itsnotvalid)