I've the following scenario.

a) Registered users can post recipes (we anticipate on 5000 different
recipes)
b) Each recipe is part of 1 or more categories (we anticipate 100
different categories)
c) Registered users can vote for recipes
d) Registered users must select the country they live in

1) The site will display a list of recipes ordered on popularity.
Including paging, so users would be able to browse all recipes
2) The same as 1 but based on a chosen category
3) Popular recipes by users in a specific country "What is the most
popular recipe in a given country". Including paging, so users would
be able to browse all recipes
4) Same a 3 but based on chosen category

I wonder how I can design this scnario using the Google datastore.

In a relational database I would use some "group by" functions.

Cheers,
Marcel