Hi Didier, thanks for your reply.  Those instructions are for
generating an index file while running the dev server and hitting it
locally with your browser.  What I am talking about is during running
JUnit test cases using the LocalServiceTestHelper.  That helper lets
you write unit tests against the datastore and seems ideal to be able
to generate indexes from since your unit tests should hit every kind
of query you have.