I am sure this is a simple thing but my brain just doesn't want to make it
so simple today.

Say I point two sub-domains to my application:

www.mydomain.com
app.mydomain.com

That is all well and good - both now serve up my application. What I would
like is for the WWW sub-domain to serve up static HTML or JSP files while
the "APP" sub-domain serves up my application. Is this something I can do in
the web.xml mapping or do I need another servlet sitting on top to direct
the requests to the correct place?

Thanks