I'd like to create a RESTful web service in GAE.  I want to restrict access
with authentication.  I want to call the service from a Java program that is
run unattended.

How can I authenticate from the Java program?  I see ClientLogin, but that
seems to be oriented toward an interactive application where the user can
respond to a captcha, if necessary.  That's not practical in my case.

---

My reason for needing this is that I have a Java application using OFX4j to
read bank transactions from a checking account.  I'd like to store these
transactions in a GAE datastore for later access.  I cannot use OFX4j
directly in GAE because it uses sockets.  So I will periodically run the
Java application as a cron job.  It will call the RESTful web service in GAE
to store the data.

Thank you for any help.

Rob