Thanks for your quick response. After looking into the IN operator, it
doesn't seem to be what I need. My table looks like this.

User table:
id   friends
1    5
2    1, 4
3    1
4    1, 2
5    1

I would like to find out who are user 1's friends so the query would be
something like this

SELECT * FROM User WHERE friends.contains(1)

the IN version looks like this

SELECT * FROM User WHERE friends IN (1)

which would return id=3 as a result but it is wrong, I am expecting to see
id=2,3,4 be returned in the result set. Because they are all friends with
one.

Also I HAVE to do this through the low level datastore API to utilize the
cursor feature.

Thanks,
Gaurav