There's this:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-appengine/NdUAY0crVjg/3fJX3Gn3cOYJ

Some thoughts:

 * I don't think there's really anything to save you from eventuality
except careful consideration during the design of your data model.  Pick
your entity groups carefully and use XG transactions sparingly to move data
"across" when you need atomicity.

 * A lot of the time eventuality is not a big deal. On the other hand, if
you're building an accounting app, it probably is a big deal.

 * There's a difference between what your users experience and what your
tests experience.  Say you have a test for "add this product to the catalog
and then check to see if it's in the catalog".  In the real world it
doesn't matter if your users see the new product right away.  But your
tests demand it immediately.  The problem is with the test.  I've "fixed"
the tests by doing this in my fixture setup:

newLocalDatastoreServiceTestConfig().setDefaultHighRepJobPolicyUnappliedJobPercentage(0.1f)

Unfortunately a good argument can be made that this diminishes the value of
the tests. Really some tests should be run with eventuality and others
without.  Anyone know if setDefaultHighRepJobPolicyUnappliedJobPercentage()
can be called repeatedly after setup to switch back and forth?
Jeff