Hi vega,

Appengine pricing schema has changed. We are billed now for hours, not for
CPU usage anymore, just like EC2.
If you use or do not use that particular instance, your billing will be the
same.

You have 24 hours per day for free. You can set your max idle instances to
1 so you will only pay $9/month and not start new instances.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 12:01 PM, vega <_v...@vr-web.de> wrote:

> hi
> im not sure if this forum or the general forum is better... but i have a
> feeling that its more java related then general....
>
> a month ago (or so...) the billing system got changed.
> i had more then enogh "rescourses" for free in the old system.
> i put the project into sleeping, due to more important activitys and now i
> restartet working on it...
>
> i have this Servlet:
>
> (isnt there something like a code tag? where is it hiding?
>

> package nOyB;
>
> import java.io.IOException;
>
> import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;
>
> @SuppressWarnings("serial")
> public class abcServlet extends HttpServlet{
>     public void doPost(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse
> resp)throws IOException {
>         resp.getWriter().write("okay");
>     }
>
>     public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse
> resp)throws IOException {
>         resp.getWriter().write("nothing to see");
>     }
>
> }
>

> now ive generated 35 calls from a device within < 1 hour.... (simply for
> the sake of testing the devices capability of using http)
> Frontend Instance Hours are at 5% (1.37 of 28.00h)
> the log says that the requests take about 4-20ms, a couple needed about
> 100-300ms (whatever there is happening... its only sometimes, so
> whatever...)
>
> 5% by 35 times doing absolutly nothing.... means that 700 times doing
> nothing would be all thats for free...
> i think im doing a large misstake.... or do i need to look for a new free
> server if i want to have about ~1k calls per day which do a bit more then
> only printing out "ok"?
>

>  --

Bruno Fuster