I have a blogging application running on GAE that is only accessible
to a specific Google Apps Domain. I need my users to be able to search
the application. The options I can think of are:

(1) The application is indexed by Google's crawler and results are
returned with a simple Google search. But how with the application be
crawled if it is only accessible by the specific Google Apps Domain?
Will the results be returned to only the members of that domain?

(2) Implement some sort of full-text indexing on the datastore for the
application. Does anyone know how to do this?

I would like to avoid queries on multiple fields using the likes of:
startsWith, endsWith, matches, etc.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.