I too am having on and off problems with the Asynchronous DNS, as I can't
seem to get to google.com, and all of it's sites

I have found a temp fix in chrome://net-internals/, where you go under the
sockets tab, click close idle sockets and then click flush socket pools.
But this fix only temperamentally fixes this issue, as I can get to
Google.com, but will get the Error 15 again sometime in the future

I'm trying Asynchronous DNS with it disabled for now