Hi,

You must answer the CAPTCHA challenge in order to get an auth token to
do your Base API operations.  Two ways Apps API programmers have
handled this are to:

1.  Fetch the CAPTCHA image, present it to the application user in a
dialog, and submit the CAPTCHA response back to the authentication
service.

2.  Open a web browser to the CAPTCHA unlock URL.

Also, you should not be authenticating or creating a new instance of
the service class for each operation.   You should cache the auth
token or reuse the service class instance, to reduce the likelihood of
being presented with a CAPTCHA.

I see you've posted to the Base API group.  You can also try the
Accounts API group:

http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Accounts-API

-alex