I've come across one more problem, sorry to keep asking questions!
I've got everything working, it displays the distance, but the problem
is, once I compile the SWF, I can't import it back into flash, it's
just a blank page when I import it. Is there a way to import it
properly? or is it not possible?

Thanks
Will