Hi developers-

I've actually talked about this technique in the past on the Google
Maps API blog, it's something I've used several times myself. It
should be fine to use it for 50 rows of data, as long as you're
eventually using the geocodes in Google Maps.

I should say that I'm now using a new, better technique to geocode
spreadsheets data - Google Spreadsheets Gadgets. You can install the
following gadget in your spreadsheet (Insert > Gadget), move it to its
own sheet, specify the column that has the address data, and then it
will geocode the results on a map with draggable markers. You can then
copy/paste the lat/lngs back into spreadsheet.

http://pamelafox-samplecode.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/spreadsheetsgeocoder/spreadsheetsgeocoder.xml

Note: The gadget will only do 100 rows at a time, to keep reasonable
performance and to make sure it's not considered "bulk".

- pamela