I find most of our customer base uses GWT RPC. The story on using this may
make using gwt feel complicated.

If we can just compile into the web app directory for the entire process,
then there would be no need for a proxy. From what I could tell it would be
3 args, -war, -browser (or maybe some user agent) and module. I'll see if I
can prototype the service this week and provide it for chewing on. Do you
think this is even possible?

-Brandon