As we look at how to keep migrating GWT provided user modules to modern
best practices, the JUnit runner is a hairy one - it relies on a lot of the
practices we discourage, including a great many modules in GWT that we
might prefer it not use. It also assumes

As has been discussed on other lists, Google has an internal APT-based
JUnit runner that presumably emits some Java and/or JS to enable some
JS-based test running tools to iterate through the required tests and
notify the user of failing code, including hints as to why it failed, with
stack traces, etc. It has been previously discussed that this might be
something that could be shared in whole or in part with the open source
community, time permitting.

Is this still in the cards? Can any aspects of this implementation be
discussed ahead of time so we can prepare our own tests for it? For
example, does it use JUnit 4, and if so, can it use Rules, or just
before/after methods?

--

Along similar lines, I did some work last fall to try to get JUnit 5 tests
to work in a browser, but stopped shortly after working out how to replace

Thanks,
Colin