I saw someone talking about proxying all the methods to add code(like
an aspect or filter) using spring and I am wondering how I can do
this(hopefully without spring as I don't feel like learning that right
now and just want a quick solution).

Basically, if my GWT servlet has these methods
public void doSomething(int i);
public String doSomethingAgain(String s);
public long increaseSomething(int i);

BEFORE methods are even called, I want to chech if there is a User
object in the Session(ie. user is logged in).  If there is not, the
Session probably expired and I want to throw a NotLoggedInException on
every one of these methods(but not in the method itself).  I would
prefer this is reusable in an abstract class that implements
RemoteServiceServlet and any GWT Servlet any team creates here will
extend that and inherit this functionality since all the
authentication stuff is the same for all our services.

How do I do this in a common way?  It looks like the
RemoteServiceServlet is kind of screwed up in not exposing a good
method to override that I could use as the filter.

Any ideas?
thanks,
Dean